SSNGFW - Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall
The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW) v1.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Threat Defense system. This hands-on course gives you knowledge and skills to use and configure Cisco® Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to Cisco Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW) is one of the concentration electives you can take to certify for the CCNP Security Certification. To complete CCNP Security you will need to pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR) exam or its equivalent.
This course prepares you for the Cisco Certified Specialist - Network Security Firepower Certification.
Required exam and recommended training
- Securing Networks with Firepower Next-Generation Firewall (SSNGFW)
- Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS)
- Describe key concepts of NGIPS and NGFW technology and the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system, and identify deployment scenarios
- Perform initial Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device configuration and setup tasks
- Perform an initial network discovery, using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Implement and manage intrusion policies
- Describe the components and configuration of site-to-site VPN
- Describe and configure a remote-access SSL VPN that uses Cisco AnyConnect®
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and basic routing protocols
- Familiarity with firewall, VPN, and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) concepts
- Initial Device Setup
- Device Management
- Configuring High Availability
- Migrating from Cisco ASA to Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Implementing QoS
For more detailed information about this course, please click here.
Length: 5 day
Format: Lecture and Lab
Delivery Method: Virtual / Onsite
Max. Capacity: 16
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS)
Who Should Attend
Security administrators, Security consultants, Network administrators, System engineers, Technical support personnel, Channel partners, and resellers