Students will weigh the pros and cons of cloud computing to make effective decisions and meet IT challenges.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
1 - Understanding Cloud Computing Concepts
- Topic A: Understand Basic Cloud Concepts and Terms
- Topic B: Identify Cloud Network and Cloud Storage Technologies
- Topic C: Recognize Cloud Design Aspects
2 - Applying Cloud Business Principles
- Topic A: Relate Cloud Concepts to Business Principles
- Topic B: Establish Cloud Vendor Relations
- Topic C: Distinguish the Financial Aspects of Engaging a Cloud Service Provider
- Topic D: Report Financial Expenditures
3 - Advising a Cloud Design and Migration
- Topic A: Relate Cloud Concepts to Cloud Design and Migration
- Topic B: Use Cloud Assessments
- Topic C: Manage Cloud Design
- Topic D: Compare Cloud Migration Approaches
- Topic E: Identify Benefits and Solutions of Cloud Services
4 - Operating in the Cloud
- Topic A: Relate Cloud Concepts to Technical Operations
- Topic B: Identify the Technical Aspects of Cloud Operations
- Topic C: Understand DevOps in the Cloud
- Topic D: Explain Cloud Security Concerns, Measures, and Concepts
5 - Managing Cloud Governance
- Topic A: Relate Cloud Concepts to Governance
- Topic B: Apply Risk Management Concepts
- Topic C: Understand Compliance and the Cloud
- Topic D: Manage Policies and Procedures for Cloud Services
6 - Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (Exam CLO-002)
7 - Appendix B: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (Exam CLO-002) Acronyms
8 - Glossary
9 - Index
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Do you have more questions? We're delighted to assist you!
Who Should Attend
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Specialty certification is relevant to IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners, and analysts.