Coaching and Mentoring are essential skills that can benefit both you and your organization. The organization’s success can depend on how well team members operate together and as individuals and how well they are positioned to make independent decisions on behalf of their organization. Being a coach involves being able to draw experience from several disciplines. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. The role of the coach is to facilitate the full expression of individuals through growth and change. Teams are an important building block of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports most organizations. The structure of teams continues to change to adapt to changes in technology, markets, and the necessities and possibilities of remote work. Transformative Leaders facilitate growth and change by learning the unique strengths and challenges of team members to better focus effort on achieving a shared vision; inspiring change more than directing it.
- How coaching can be used to develop a team
- The coaching skills that help improve individual performance
- The behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- How to recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- How to identify employee problems and ways that they can help correct them
- The value of working as a team
- Ways to develop team norms, ground rules, and team contracts
- Techniques for building team trust
- The stages of team development and how to help a team move through them
- The critical role communication skills will play in building and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Ways that team members can be involved and grow in a team setting
- What is Coaching?
- Vision and Goals
- Planning and Monitoring
- Provide Effective Feedback
- Coaching Teams
- Facilitating and Maintaining Teams
There are no prerequisites for this course.