Every day, employers are asking more of their project managers to drive innovation and success at their companies. Possessing the core skills of project management is no longer enough. Project managers now need business and leadership skills as well. Project Management Institute Project Management Institute (PMI)® defines this combination of skills as the PMI Talent Triangle. Fulfilling the requirements of the triangle can seem confusing and complicated—but it doesn't have to be.
We have created a 3-day virtual course, covering leadership, business, and technical topics to make the PMI Talent Triangle easy. Our content experts will provide you with everything you need to grow your project management core competencies while providing the necessary hours in each area to meet the PMI Talent Triangle PDU requirements. This series of classes contains topics specifically selected for project management development and is consistent with the skills described in the PMI Talent Triangle. At the end of this course, you will have the necessary skills and hours to satisfy the PMI Talent Triangle requirements.
This course bundle has been approved by PMI for 24 PDUs: 8 PDUs in alignment to Ways of Working (Technical); 8 PDUs in alignment to Power Skills (Leadership); 8 PDUs in alignment to Business Acumen (Strategic and Business Management).
- Learning the Competency Framework of Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Different Social and Communications Styles in the Workplace
- Implementing Key Communication Techniques Before the Project Begins
- Defining Decision Making and Problem Solving, and Grasping the Differences
- Mastering the Seven-Step Problem Solving Process
- Optimizing Communications Across All Stakeholder Groups
- Managing Change Effectively to Achieve Project Success
1 - Interpersonal Communication for Project Leaders
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Question Types
- Question Types with Project Purpose
- Active Listening
- Listening Styles
- Merrill and Reid Social Styles
- Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic Communications
- Problem Solving Listening Framework
- Communicate BEFORE Your Project Begins
2 - Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Essential Decision-Making Foundations
- The Discipline of Problem Solving
- A Seven-Step Problem Solving Process
- Problem Definition
- Decision to Act on a Problem
- Define the Problem-Solving Scope
- Find a Root Cause
- Prioritize the Root Cause Correction
- Defining Potential Solutions
- Selecting a Solution
3 - Strategic Risk Management
- Analyzing Organizational Risk Tolerance
- Establish Appropriate Risk Methodology
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Discrete and Continuous Risk Analysis
- Preventing and Responding to Risk
- Risk Retrospectives
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Do you have more questions? We're delighted to assist you!
Who Should Attend
Only those who have previously attended a PMP certification training course with a PMI Authorized Training provider (ATP) after January 2021 but have not yet taken their PMP Exam.