DEVCOR - Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs
The Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco DevNet Professional certification and for professional-level network automation engineer roles. You will learn how to implement network applications using Cisco® platforms as a base, from initial software design to diverse system integration, as well as testing and deployment automation. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
The Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) course is also available as part of our Cisco Passport, which helps developers and IT professionals write applications and develop integrations with Cisco products, platforms, and APIs.
- Identify steps to design and build a ChatOps application
- Implement robust Representational State Transfer (REST) API integrations with network error handling, pagination, and error flow control
- Utilize Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models to describe network configurations and telemetry
- Compare various relational and nonrelational database types and how to select the appropriate type based on requirements
- Knowledge of program design and coding with focus on Python
- Familiarity with Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Internet-related networking
- Understand the utilization of APIs
- Understanding of software development and design methodologies
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
- Construct Sequence Diagram
- Construct Web Sequence Diagram
- Use Cisco Webex Teams™ API to Enable ChatOps
- Integrate Cisco Meraki™ API to List Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) and Retrieve Location Data
- Use Paginated REST API Endpoint
For more detailed information about this course, please click here.
Do you have more questions? We're delighted to assist you!
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.